Testimonials

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Freedom of Expression


Calle Tuset Demonstrators, Barcelona, 2006

What I love most about Barcelona is its people, their passion for demonstration and the time they take out to protest. Here we see a video of workers manifesting their dissent against something or other.

By the time I got to Calle Tuset, the protestors were already there for about 2 hours and were, as I was told, to continue another 2 1/2 hours.

I can't imagine being near or around Tuset for very long before going a little bonkers. (Torture by music).

You'll see what I mean.

Click HERE to watch the Quicktime Video.

Click HERE to watch the Real Player Movie.

I took a picture of the flyer and below it you will see a loose interpretation. If I have not translated the flyer to show the posters message as written, please feel free to let me know.


YVES ROCHER AND Stanhome

THE WORKERS OF COSMHOGAR HAVE BEEN:

Your faithful suppliers, your development team for new products, your technical support, your factory.

We have adapted to all your needs and whims

AND NOW AFTER ALMOST 40 YEARS WORKING FOR YOU ...
You leave us stuck without orders or a future for 100 families.
You leave us on the street.

Thanks for not recognizing our effort and loyalty.

ONE HUNDRED FAMILIES RUINED!!
DISCLAIMER: I know no one who works for this organization nor am I personally interested in their cause.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:28 PM

    Hi,

    I was interested in watching the video regarding the protesters but neither of the buttons work....can you fix the link please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:49 PM

    I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
    »

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:16 PM

    Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
    »

    ReplyDelete