Testimonials

Monday, November 24, 2014

Ancient Communication Device



The rare telephone booth brought to my eyes a warm feeling of nostalgia like meeting a dear old friend. I wondered if I could I be seeing the last of the public phone booths here in Barcelona.

I can imagine a 15 year old of today might say, "I sort of remember that machine" and a child 10 and under might ask, "What is that"? They might also wonder and ask about the typewriter, letters received through the post, and even sit in awe of a home cooked meal rather than squirm in the back seat of a car while driving through a drive-in.

I know life is ever evolving, changing and I suspect for the better. But, I like to get my mail delivered by a human, I like the melodic and even sound of the typewriter and I enjoy making a good meal.

You know! I think I'm feeling a bit of a wake up call and I'm going to modify my life from a slither to a crawl and pretend I'm kid again.



No comments:

Post a Comment