Testimonials

Saturday, March 31, 2007

How a Finn relaxes

Meandering our way towards la plaça de Sant Jaume after a long day of shooting photos, there in a little corner of a 2 table outdoor café was light, shadow and a man.

He looked so serene, sitting there drinking his cup of tea. (I only supposed it was tea.)

I was about one car length away from him on the opposite side of the street and I wanted so much to take his photo.

And so I did.


I took about 2 shots when, lo and behold, a 6 group mommy caravan of children and strollers stopped right in front of my shot.

From there, it was downhill.

And,

He discovered me.

Motioning for me to come over, he asked if I had been taking his photo. A little jittery I was, for you see, I am not so sly and not so adept in castellano to laughingly work or worm my way out of delicate situations.

After admitting I had, he introduced himself as a vacationer from Finland, gave me his card and requested photos be sent as a testimony of his visit to Barcelona.

He had no camera so it was a little hard for him to take a picture of himself.

Ah! Those pesky tourists are sometimes a pleasant surprise.

 People of Interest View barcalunacy's A Candid View of Everyday People FLCKR photoset.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.