Testimonials

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Workin’ the Crowd

Well, it’s a little less than 2 years before the next U.S. presidential election and the potential candidates are slowly increasing their air time on radio and TV.

And you know what?! None of them, YET, excite me.

Why?

I don’t feel their caring about ME, Jane Q. citizen. Title, recognition and power are what I sense they want and need.

I don’t like their style. They appear to talk down “to me” like a child, versus “to me like a knowledgeable and interested adult.

I don’t feel their sincerity. Their smiles and laughter feel forced and rehearsed.

Sheesh! Who are their advisors?

Maybe they can take tips from this little guy.

It was a late afternoon and the natural light had a blue quality. I was practicing and adjusting when I saw a little child with an eye-popping outfit.


Workin' the Crowd
plaça de Gal.la Placidia, Barcelona, 2006

He was charismatic, waving that arm as if he had been waving for a lifetime.



\Some of his would-be constituents smiled, others were not impressed.



He even wowed the young folks, even though they were too young to vote themselves.

Ah! Yes, indeed.



He made an impression when he left.

I liked his style, his sincerity and sense of caring.

Can that be said of those who have presently announced their bid for the U. S. presidency?

Poor U.S.!


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

No comments:

Post a Comment