Testimonials

Friday, March 06, 2015

A kiss on each cheek


While I do enjoy the works of Salvadore Dali, the men on the balcony interest me the most. They have sat or stood there, come rain or shine, for the last 12 years, sometimes without moving a muscle and they have been my interest.

They look in my direction, but not at the same time. I have waved and waved but they seem not to notice how foolish I look. How can that be? Everyone else notices.

They ogle the crowd below them or stare, fixated, at the statue of Christopher Columbus across the street from their position.

This day, they both looked in my direction. Success.

Good things come in small steps. I can wait another 12 years for them to smile.

But, I don't think I'll wait anothor 12 years beyond the smile to meet them.

Next time, we shall say "hola" and greet each other the Spanish way, a kiss on each cheek.
















No comments:

Post a Comment