Testimonials

Monday, October 31, 2016

"Whither Thou Goest", "You Got Me Singing"

"Whither Thou Goest", "You Got Me Singing"


Why Don't You Try to Take This Longing I have, to meet you.

Here It Is, If It Be Your Will to wear the Famous Blue Raincoat that Everybody Knows Ain't No Cure For Love.

Hallelujah. It's Closing Time.

Ok. Ok. Before you think me so clever and talented, admittingly, I cheated and used the titles of Leonard Cohen's songs to jumpstart a story for this photograph.

I wish you could've seen the man in the picture in real life. Yes ... while he looks like the "mature" Cohen of today, it is not only the way he holds his jacket over the shoulder with ONE finger --- how cool is that ---but the slow, deliberate strut of a confident man ... a Cohen strut.

And, by the way, I believe he knew his photo is being taken. No one could walk any slower than he … each step seemed to hum, I’m Your Man, but he really Really isn't. No. It’s true.

But … It Just Feels that way.


No comments:

Post a Comment