Testimonials

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Catalunya’s carre de Tordera, 2006

Placed 2nd in the Best Decorated Street entry category and 1st for Best Entrance at the Festa Major de Gràcia, 2006.

As I traveled from one street to another and came to a corner, I saw these brilliant yellow displays greeting me.


carre de Tordera, Barcelona, 2006

I knew what these objects were, gears of some sort, but I couldn’t guess their theme. Can you? (Check your answer at the end of this post.)

The sun shone this day but but not here, for Tordera was a street protected by buildings “… and a majestical roof fretted with golden fire” (Hamlet).

carre de Tordera, Barcelona, 2006

I got to carrer Tordera early in the day and as yet there was no activity but for a wandering family possibly looking for the rainbow at the end of the goldenness.

carre de Tordera, Barcelona, 2006

At the opposite side of the street I found the lonely vendor and immediately I thought of Hopper’s Boulevard of Broken Dreams. I hope this conveys the same idea to you.

Anyway, the answer to carrer Tordera’s theme is: watch gears.

But, by this time you probably already had the answer. No?

Enjoy!


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:28 AM

    Hi! A lo mejor te interesan mis fotos sobre Barcelona:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/29899021@N00/

    Best regards,

    FV

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic series Luna. Specially the one with the kid (nice composition and colors.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your appearance in La Vanguardia's article.

    ReplyDelete