Testimonials

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Catalunya's carrer Berga, 2006

Participant of the Festa Major de Gràcia, 2006

8th place winner of best-decorated street.

Well, the big day has come and the Festa Major de Gràcia, 2006, in the barrio of Gràcia, officially opened on 8/15/06.

It is by far the best Festa I have seen in the four years I have been in Barcelona.

Today, I share with you photos taken of Carrer Berga. In my post of August 14, 2006, (Click HERE for the post) you see the preparations before opening day.

Then, I wondered what the planner’s objectives were. But, they remained steadfast and refused to divulge this information, much like a politician.


carre Berga, Barcelona, 2006

Click HERE to size.

I shot these pictures after a night of torrential rain and Carrer Berga faired fairly fair.

But no matter, folks of all ages seemed to be having a good time.

Horray! Berga made 8th place of best decorated streets. They had fiercely strong competition.

You see their original creativity, hard work and feel their labor of love.

Anyway, I was impressed.

For FLCKR fans, click on the high-lighted link below.

Carrer BergaView barcalunacy's Carrer Berga photoset.



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

No comments:

Post a Comment