Testimonials

Monday, September 18, 2006

The quiet before the storm

For the past few years, Spain has been experiencing severe periods of drought and change of weather not unlike many other part of the world.

So it was with welcome relief, that a few days ago it rained like I’ve not seen it rain before in the four years I’ve been here.

I just had to take the following pictures because I haven’t seen cloud formations like these nor such gray skies in my time here.


Barcelona, 2006

Click HERE to resize.


Barcelona, 2006

Click HERE to resize.

What intrigued was that the clouds appeared to harmonize, with great precision, this newly erected building.

The weather reminded me of the Midwest in the states famous for its tornados.

Anyway, on the same day I took these photos, a tornado DID hit Galicia, Spain. Galicia is about 90 miles up the coast from Barcelona.

To appreciate the beauty of nature, why don't resize the photo.

Sorry to disillusion you of sunny Spain sunny.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

1 comment:

  1. Sunny Barcelona! you are right no such stormy weather in months.

    ReplyDelete