Testimonials

Friday, October 06, 2006

Dali Reborn?

Passing through the Gothic quarter the other day, I saw through a gated opening a courtyard with a big, beautiful, fun and perfectly shaped egg - a Salvador Dali trademark.

You see his boundless creativity and sense of frenzy in his outrageous paintings, wacky sculptures, bizarre architecture, offensive films and other forms of art media.

I took this picture because the egg was a nice surprise to my eyes and flanked by two brilliant red banners. I then waited for a subject to show scale.


Barcelona, 2006

Click HERE to resize.

When I sifted through the various shots I had taken, I came across this photo that, while not very sharp, shows a person whose features are similar to that of the poster behind the subject, especially the downward turned mouth, and nose structure.

What do YOU think?


Barcelona, 2006
Click HERE to resize.
Just to be on the safe side, I researched his bio on the internet and I found he had not sired any children. You never know; she might have been his child.

So! I am a dreamer.

Dali’s permanent exhibition of over 700 pieces appears at La Sala Guell, Real Circulo Artistico on the street Arcs 5, Barcelona, where this photo was taken. Here is the telephone number if you’re interested for hours and fees. Tel: 933 181 820

Below is a picture of a pdf file that tells about La Sala.

Click HERE to resize.

I have yet to see Dali’s works, but I plan to go to Figueras, a city that houses a Dali museum and where he died and Cadaques, a fishing village where he had another home built in a unique and strange design.
Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. I DO see a resemblance, but she is undoubtedly much less mad than Dali. He was a true freakazoid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've written an entire article dedicated to this museum that isn't so well known despite being right in the middle of the city!

    http://www.ok-visit.com/barcelona/museums/dali-museum-barcelona

    ReplyDelete