Testimonials

Monday, October 23, 2006

Barcelona's Own Ragtime Band

Bandastic!!

A few weeks ago walking towards la Plaça de Catalunya wonderful, melodious, soulful sounds I heard that made me feel like I was back on Bourbon Street in New Orleans, Louisiana.

My feet were tapping, my head bobbing, my fingers snapping. I was drawn to sounds like a child led by the Pied Piper.

I followed the scent of the notes and found myself right in front of the HardRock café.

There, lo and behold, were four people who blended like a chorus of one.



They were playing New Orleans Jazz, Russian, British and España style.

This group rocks, moves and shakes making it difficult for me to get the shots I like. I took photo after photo. In fact, in the past 2 weeks, I returned on two other occasions, shot more photos, for a total of 1 giga, the most I’ve ever taken of any one person, any one place, or any one thing. And even now, I feel that I didn’t do them justice. The way they move is only equaled to the way they sound.

YES! I really, REALLY like them!!

They are Barcelona’s very own New Orleans Ragamuffins with Pepe (Spain, the trumpet player), the two Mikhas, (Russia), banjo/piano and Sophie (Great Britain, clarinet). I was experiencing a wonderful mixture of sound and style.

To hear Pepe speak beautifully and ME, stumble in that embarrassing way I have, click HERE. I’m trying!!


Pepe, Blowing His Horn
Barcelona, 2006

For your viewing pleasure, click HERE and get a Barcelona taste of the New Orleans Ragamuffins on a QuickTime movie.

Oh! YEAH! I even BOUGHT their CD! In fact, I am listening to them as I write this.



Okay … okay. I’ve written enough and now you Enjoy!!

 Barcelona’s Street Artists View the New Orleans Ragamuffins in barcalunacy's Barcelona’s Street Artists FLCKR photoset.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:03 PM

    If you feel that you want to share some of your fotos on this Band, feel free to do so on this link:

    http://www.last.fm/music/New+Orleans+Ragamuffins/+images

    Its a music comunity and it would be fun if more people could have the opportunity to get some information about this cool street-band.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:54 AM

    I heard this group when i passed in barcelone and i love them. I bought their CD an is very very good. Good rythmes, meltin of jazz and blues songs. The CD cost only 10€, if you are opportunities to go in barcelone, and heard them, Take a few time to fell the music and buy their CD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like anonymous I also happened to catch them while I was walking through Barcelona. They were great fun to watch, and I bought the cd too, it's quite good and well worth getting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Angry Viking

    I am glad that you got a chance to see them.

    I saw them playing again a few weeks ago, and the piano player was different.

    Still fun to hear them, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice, some friends and I, once start playing some old instruments in a park just for fun, but when we realized there were many people watching and listening us and a guy came over and told us if we wanted to play in hard rock cafe which is weird because the music was folk.

    ReplyDelete