Testimonials

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The acrobatic waiter who is not a street artist

Okay … okay … a day taking pictures as usual on Las Ramblas when right before my very eyes I see motion of an unusual kind.


Showing off and "Y" not
Las Ramblas, Barcelona, 2006

I turn to my right and I see this fella being wild and crazy. Aha! I say to myself. A street artist entertains on Llano de la Boqueria, a sort of street just a wee bit off Las Ramblas, and I am here ready and available.


Satisfaction
Las Ramblas, Barcelona, 2006

I am full of wonder and excitement that this wonderful subject is performing for my viewing and picture taking pleasure.

He is Jose, a waiter, (hmmm … I’ve been meeting a lot of Jose’s in Barcelona lately) and he does acrobatics to unwind from a day with those pesky tourists.

He may be a great inspiration and you might wish to try what Jose does so easily. Good luck!

But, as for me, I think I might not try, at least for now.

Oh waiter!!!

While Jose is not a street performer, he deserves the honor to be in the same photoset as one of Barcelona's own street artist. He does them proud.
 Barcelona’s Street Artists View the acrobatic waiter in barcalunacy's Barcelona’s Street Artists FLCKR photoset.

No comments:

Post a Comment