Testimonials

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Even Frosty the Snowman visits Barcelona

On the way to the piso from an evening in a language exchange group I belong to, we pass Susan’s place. She, with her mother, run and owns a floral shop, just a half a block from the Market de Llibertat in the barrio of Gràcia.

What a pretty scene. There to greet us is Frosty the Snowman, surrounded by these beautiful flowers. Yes, even Frosty the Snowman visits Barcelona!




I don’t want to fail to mention that it is about 50 degrees. Am I complaining? Heck, NO!

Christmas in Barcelona, compared to the United States, is much calmer. Stores and especially the homes are not overly decorated. There is casualness about this holiday and holy day in Barcelona, which I like very, VERY much.

Stores are preparing here for the holiday season but not with the same intensity and frenzy that I see in the US on Fox News.

As the season progresses, I will show you what I mean.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

No comments:

Post a Comment