Testimonials

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Barcelona’s FALLEN ANGELS

Barcelona’s FALLEN ANGELS

Do you have energy, stamina, frenzy, youth and a great insurance carrier?

Can you twist, flip, spin on your head and have an attitude?

Does that sound like YOU?!

Well, it was an unusually quiet day walking down La Rambla until we got to its bottom just before el Monumento a Colón that faces the Mediterranean Sea. We heard some kind of hip hop music and there was a crowd like you wouldn’t believe.

In the midst of so many people, there were four: Raul Pablos, Roberto Golen, Mureli Simon, and Sergei Shaposhnik.

They are Barcelona’s FALLEN ANGELS – street dancers, and these FALLEN ANGELS have ARISEN!


Fallen Angels, Barcelona, 2006
from left to right: Sergei Shaposhnik, Roberto Golen, Raul Pablos and Mureli Simon.

These special four are personable, courteous, friendly and NICE too.


POW!
picture of Raul Pablos, Barcelona, 2006

As you might recall, I wrote about another street artist group called the New Orleans Ragamuffins, who were also welcoming and I believe have wonderful talent. In my post of the Ragamuffins, I said I took about 1 gig of photos and movies.


Happy Agony?
picture of Sergei Shaposhnik, Barcelona, 2006

That is how excited I am about The Fallen Angels. Well, in my book they have the same caliber of talent as the Ragamuffins, but, of course, in a different genre.


One-arm push-up
picture of Roberto Golen, Barcelona, 2006

They were kind enough to show their dance moves and their wonderful tattoos. I took about 400 megabytes of photos and had a terrible time trying to pick out the best pictures that would show-off their talent. In my defense, these are the first photos I took with a new camera so bear with me as I learn my new toy.


Sidewalk chin-up
picture of Mureli Simon, Barcelona, 2006

Talk about good health, great faces, ambidextrous and tattoos! They have it ALL!

Anyway, above are pictures of each dancer and the rest can be viewed on a Flickr slideshow.

In the slideshow, I have an additional 5 photos of a dynamic street dancer from the Fallen Angles who unfortunately left when I was talking with the group. I don’t know who he is, but take a look, and

Enjoy!

 Barcelona’s Street Artists View the Fallen Angels and the other perfermormers in barcalunacy's Barcelona’s Street Artists FLCKR photoset.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

No comments:

Post a Comment