Testimonials

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Farga – the wonderland of good food

This past Christmas Day “my” part of Barcelona was “dead”. No one was in town, nadie - except for me and a few drifters.

Our old-favorite cafés and restaurants all closed before noon, especially my MOST very favorite, which I am too sane to admit I love.

So: we found ourselves in Farga, a restaurant/bar/café on the avenida de Diagonal. Farga has a breathtaking, yet inviting look - even from the outside, which would make a picture postcard look like a packing crate by comparison.


Farga, la Avenida de Diagonal
Barcelona, Spain, 2006

The interior is decorated in a prototypical 1930’s/European style: inviting, old and welcoming.

What makes this place very special to me is the huge variety of tapas (small portions of food): You choose the how many you want, and when you leave, you leave satisfied.

But, really, who am I kidding? The REAL reason to hit FARGA isn’t the good food. No! No way! It’s the amazing assortment of pastries, deserts and CHOCOLATE!


Farga, la Avenida de Diagonal
Barcelona, Spain, 2006

The chocolate cake shown here is about 6” in diameter and costs about 28 euros. I call it the “chocolate of gold”. You might call it expensive.

So: I recommend you start with desert and gorge your way backward to the lobster, about which you could write a book called "FABULOUS!”


Farga, la Avenida de Diagonal
Barcelona, Spain, 2006

Bon Nadal!!

P.S. for those interested the address is:
Diagonal, 391
Tel. 93 416 01 12


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love Farga. Have the fondest memories of sandwiches purchased to go ... to the beach. To Parc Guell. Delicious Farga memories! Thanks for taking me back.

    ReplyDelete