Testimonials

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Shooting up on the roof

She was shy and so it was a wonder that she let us take photos of her.

We were on the rooftop of the Mare Magnum mall where the sun was working on setting it self to the other side of the world. On the rooftop there is a very long, low fountain surrounded by aquamarine colored walls with a wonderful view of the plaza and surroundings.

Ahem. A little while later I was called away by nature. Upon my return, I saw my friend speaking with this young woman who happened to be sitting on the edge of a corner wall. He had taken some pictures of her and a conversation ensued.

She appeared timid and retiring.

I saw her and immediately liked her face.

I was introduced and we explained what we do, which often is hard to explain. I then asked if I could take her picture.


Noelia
Barcelona, 2006

After taking a few photos of her, she liked what she saw and allowed us to take more.

My friend spoke with her, I shot pictures. I spoke with her, he shot pictures.

Her name is Noelia. She’s been working as a clerk for a few months in a specialty store near the port and living in Barcelona for 4 years. You see, she comes from a province in Spain called Asturias.


Noelia
Barcelona, 2006

How wonderfully odd it was to meet someone with the name Noelia in the Christmas season. No?

So, there! You now have a little history of our accommodating and wonderful subject.

I was excited about my photo results and I ask YOU what you think?

I shot these photos with a Nikon D80, 18-70mm lens. There was no zooming. I cropped little and lightened little the 2 pictures.

My friend has suggested that I change the pictures perspectives. If I do that, then I feel I have strayed away from my objective and that is to minimize alterations on a photo.

You see, someday I want to make that almost PERFECT photo.

However, if YOU had taken the photo, what would you have done?

So, I wonder and ponder. If some of you or any of you can give me your opinions, I wait with abated breadth.

 People of Interest View Noelia in barcalunacy's People of Interest FLCKR photoset.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

No comments:

Post a Comment