Testimonials

Monday, December 04, 2006

Barcelona wishes you a Bon Nedal

From now on until January 6th, I will hear with good wishes, Bon Nedal, which is Catalan for Merry Christmas.



On my way to and from a language exchange meeting with the English Conversation Group, I had the magic moment of seeing for the first time this season, lights lit luminously for Reyes.



The barrios of Catalunya have, as usual, done a wonderful job of not overstating their Christmas displays.


Side street of Las Ramblas
Barcelona, 2006

There’s peace and stillness in the air.

An aside note: I almost risked my life taking some of these pictures standing in the street and unknowingly to me the light had changed.

Moral: for the children and maybe even you grownups… don’t do what I did; just take heed of what I say.

 Barcelona’s Special Days View photos of Catalunya's barrios in barcalunacy's Barcelona’s Special Days FLCKR photoset.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

No comments:

Post a Comment