Testimonials

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Last Kid Picture with Pigeons --- Maybe


I used to think the birds fed by tourists was great to see and photo-opportunistic. Who doesn't ooohh and ahhh when a child screams with delight as the birds land on parts of their body, pecking and poking at the food?

La plaça de Catalunya is never short of birds, children, and kiosks selling bird feed.

And then I got to thinking this fine, sunny and warm day. (Some people say thinking is dangerous to me)

Birds and more birds seem to never, ever leave. As a matter of fact, I suspect multi-generational family of birds making the plaça their home going back 800 hundred years! Why should or would they ever fly-away if food and water where provided all day long?

Heck! I'd stay, too.

I even had this passing thought. How selfish are these birds? Do they let the other birds in the surrounding barrios know how great a life style they have?

Are they ever curious about the visitors that delight in their presence?

I strongly suspect this is my penultimate kid picture with pigeons until they (the pigeons) can demonstrate any other talent than flying, landing, pecking and eating.

Now don't take this too seriously but in Bill O'Reilly's words, "What say you?"










No comments:

Post a Comment