Testimonials

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Metro Siesta


The woman sleeping in the photo reminded me of a TRUE story I want to share with you.

When I was young, I worked for an insurance agency in a large metropolitan city of the United States.

The Christmas holidays were coming and I asked the president of the company if I should make plans for a Christmas party. He told me that Christmas functions ended when his father ran the agency.

His story goes like this: Father had hosted Christmas Eve event at a well-known hotel. Food and drinks were served until midnight.

At 8:00 am Christmas morning, Father received a phone call from Bill's wife. He never made it home. 

The police were notified but they couldn't do anything before 48 hours of a disappearance.

My parents and the top brass called the agency’s 75 employees and a few of them said Bill walked with them to the train station. Ah .... yes, Bill was a bit tipsy but who wasn't they said.

At noon on Christmas Day, Bill called to say he would be coming home in 8 hours. You see, Bill not only fell asleep in the train cab but he was in Philadelphia. 

Bill lived in Chicago.



No comments:

Post a Comment