Testimonials

Monday, December 22, 2014

The fruit of my labors and the fruit of theirs

I went searching for images and entered the cavern of Puig Marti market, with its high ceiling reminiscent of an immense cave or echoey cathedral huge marker.




I discovered Macu, the blonde, who smiles the prettiest. Salva, is the one who peels back his natural charm as he works on the humble garlic and other wondrously redolent stuff they had at their stand.


Who are they?  The friendliest, finest, and most generous fruit sellers I’ve ever known -- and, before you say that I’ve probably only known 3 in my whole life, let me tell you that, although my favorite fruits are chocolate and spaghetti, I do love the more traditional ones such as apples, lemons, pears, pineapples -- and the rest.

OK, so they are two very attractive personalities, and I liked them a lot and also what they were selling.

But: could such fine people inspire me to renounce my total favorite fruits I mentioned above?  Not too likely:  once you’re hooked on spaghetti and chocolate, the urge for them never disappears!

No comments:

Post a Comment