Testimonials

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Barcelona’s Own Wailing Wall

For optium viewing be sure to click the pictures.

We found ourselves strolling by Plaça de la Virreina (Barcelona) and happened to see these birds congregating on the walls of St. Joan Church. Now birds gathered in large groups are not unusual here in Barcelona.


I then saw a bird flapping its wing rapidly, reminding me of a sparrow, and its beak buried into the church’s wall, pecking. My curiosity was aroused.


What followed was very strange, at least to me. There appeared many other birds doing the same activity. What the purpose of that activity was I will never know. Would you know?


I have never seen such a sight and I was fortunate to get these photos before the pigeons noticed me and flew away.

The birds pecking at the wall reminded me of photographs of persons at the Wailing Wall in Israel as demonstrated in the picture below. Even the colors of the stones on the wall are almost a match to my picture.


Please click HERE for the contributory link to the above photo.

An aside note: In no way do I wish to make light or fun of any important place or structure or belief. I just wanted to show the similiarities of man and nature.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.



3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:15 AM

    Here are some links that I believe will be interested

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:52 AM

    Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
    »

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:16 PM

    Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
    »

    ReplyDelete