Testimonials

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Flor de Tila

Walking down Rambla de Catalunya one morning, I noticed the trees being pruned. Now the Rambla has many, many trees and there were branches everywhere - just any ordinary walk watching ordinary people cutting back trees.

As I continued my walk, there sat a lady surrounded with the cuttings on the ground. The natural lighting was magnificent … almost ethereal. I had to take this picture.


As I slowly walked by her, there she sat, plucking the flowers and assisted by her husband. The leaved branches were draped over her like a bridal veil. I then took this photo showing her looking at me in a serene and inviting way.


She told me that the flower was named tila and that every year she comes down to Rambla de Catalunya to gather a year’s supply of flowers as she has done since she was a little girl. From the tila flower, she brews tea that helps her to sleep.

As I continued my walk, I asked the many other women I had seen their reasons for bagging the flowers. They too made tea. There reasons were many from acting as an antiseptic, a sedative, to helping with the digestive tract and so on. The list was endless.

Seemed to me why even bother getting any prescription medication. All that you need to help you feel better is on Rambla de Catalunya and it’s free.

Be sure to bring a bag!


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:02 PM

    Here are some links that I believe will be interested

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:35 PM

    This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
    »

    ReplyDelete