Testimonials

Friday, July 07, 2006

The Shadows of Day

On a great day, Barcelona has wonderful, normal lighting where, if you are lucky, you can shoot photos of shadows that are crisp and sharp.

I had such a day on a side street off Gran de Gracia in the barrio of Gracia. I immediately saw what a wonderful picture I could shoot, and I waited patiently for a subject to demonstrate scale and add interest.

I also wanted to photograph a person’s shadow on the wall or sidewalk, or even the leaves’ shadow on the person.


She came. Click HERE to resize.

I shot 3 pictures in sequence prior to the last photo shown above and not ONE shows the shadows I mentioned in the previous paragraph.


Click HERE to resize.

That is what I call perfect timing of near misses. Write me an email if you want to perfect this technique. Ha!

No matter what, I am still pleased with this photo. It has that crispness and sharpness I mentioned even if I didn’t get what I wanted.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:04 PM

    Here are some links that I believe will be interested

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:24 PM

    Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
    »

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:53 AM

    Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
    »

    ReplyDelete