Testimonials

Thursday, July 27, 2006

My First Taste of a REAL Kiwi

About a month after my initial arrival to Barcelona in June of 2002, I got my first taste of a REAL Kiwi that I luckily found in a kiosk in Barcelona.

Kiosks are small outdoor stalls which are just about everywhere in Barcelona. You can buy almost anything from a kiosk, from stamps to candy and sometimes train tickets. Oh, yes, how silly of me to not almost mention that newspapers and magazines are sold as well as videos and toys.


Kiosk, Barcelona, 2006
Click HERE to resize.

But! We like a particular kiosk because of a particular kiwi. Not the fruit or the bird as you might imagine, but, a real live person who is helpful, hospitable, kindhearted, friendly, courteous, good-natured, sociable (shhhh, I can go on and on, but I don’t want to embarrass him) with a wonderful smile.

Meet Lee. A Real Kiwi ... from New Zealand. Imagine that.

Click HERE to resize.

Click HERE to resize.

So the next time your in Barcelona, look for Lee and oh, yes, mention that you read and saw him in Barcalunacy.

He’ll like that.



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:38 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:42 AM

    I like it! Good job. Go on.
    »

    ReplyDelete