Testimonials

Friday, June 15, 2007

All dressed up to go nowhere

Now, you might look at this photo and say “So what!”

And I grant you, that it’s just a photo, with maybe some nice colors, light and shadows.

And you might say “Nice!” but,

“So what?!”

So … I tell you.

The beauty of the building did catch my eye for its colors, light and shadows.

And a pair of tango dancers as described in the popular post, “Last Tango in Barcelona” did catch the attention of the café customers in a restaurant called La Cava Universal, at the bottom of Las Ramblas,

As well as the man leaning over the balcony,

La Cava Universal #1
Barcelona, 2006

Where just for fun and a reason to be 5 years old again, I’ve used a magnifying lens technique,

La Cava Universal #2
Barcelona, 2006

And the mannequins who appeared to be dressed and going nowhere.

The juxtaposition of the elements I’ve described was the selling point for me when I captured this scene.

Enjoy!!

 A Candid View of Everyday People View barcalunacy's A Candid View of Everyday People FLCKR photoset.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting photo -- didn't see much until I clicked and expanded.

    I noticed that all the cafe patrons seem pleased and amused at whatever they are looking at, whilst the man on the balcony seems somewhat bemused. And the stolid mannequins just give the scene an additional frisson.

    not sure the second version adds anything for me though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luna, como siempre, tus fotografias
    invitan a ir a Barcelona...Ya es TU Barcelona?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gerald,

    Thank you so much for commenting and for viewing the photo intensely.

    Yes, all were amused by a tango dance that a couple were performing and you can view it by just clicking on the highlighted link in purple "Last Tango in Barcelona". That is of course if time permits.

    Now, for the second photo. I was just experimenting and having fun.

    Normally, for me to manipulate a photo is time consuming after the work I've done in selecting and writing a piece.

    So, the magnified copy was just a playful diversion.

    I am glad you enjoyed it though.

    Luna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toti,

    Haces mucho tiempo and I was very glad to hear from you!

    I am happy that my photos may give you and others the idea to visit Barcelona.

    I can do better ... so much to see and shoot pictures.

    A wonderful world here, just like where you must be.

    Luna

    ReplyDelete