Testimonials

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Giving a friend my best shot!

The market de la Llibertat has been going under renovation. I wrote a little blurb in a post called “Notice of a Rebirth” dated August 12, 2006.

Like the locals who have lived here a lifetime, we frequented the market for our daily fresh fish and vegetables all the while wondering when the last day for the old market would come.


And so, on April 18, 2007, about 8 months later, on a beautiful sunny day we heard the sound of jack hammers, drills and hammers.


Of course, curiosity got the best of me and I followed the sound.

Two men were working diligently and rhythmically like an old married couple.


I liked how the sun shined upon them.

What a picture perfect scene if you’re into construction shots as I am. I hope to post other pictures of different places soon.

Anyway, I positioned myself in a place and in such a way that would have made Sherlock Holmes proud.

I clicked and clicked all the while wondering what they were doing, because to me their actions were not all that evident.


They were making holes and I was bewitched, beguiled and bewildered.


But, more importantly, they were having fun.

A few weeks later, we got to see the fruit of their labor.

Come back tomorrow and take a look-see.

Enjoy!!

 Marcat de la Llibertat View the Marcat de la Llibertat FLCKR photoset.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fascinating story - I wonder what they are doing too!

    (could it be some of the images are missing for this post? I'm not seeing them all.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your interest and for letting me know about the images.

    I think I have the problem solved and hope you get a chance to re-read.

    I soon as I can and internet permitting I will take a look at your photos and comment.

    Thanks for your patience and words of encouragement.

    ReplyDelete