Testimonials

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I’ve got my baby to keep me warm


Barcelona
is famous for the “extraordinaries” -- places, like la Sagrada Familia, Parc Guell, plus statues, fountains and humans.

A place I like a lot is la Puerta del Angel – the angel’s gate/door.

La Puerta del Angel’s a wide, open, welcoming area, without traffic, like a sort of like a cul de sac, and it’s “home” for well-known department stores like Corte Ingles, and a whole bunch of smaller, slick and chic boutiques.

la Puerta del Angel
Barcelona, 2007

For the wealthy, culinary aficionados, McDonalds and the like wait for you.

Around the perimeter of la Puerta del Angel are huge, comfortable, monstrous slabs of stone.

Here, you have a place to comfortably spread your maps, see the sites you missed along the way,

And, to calm your nerves, you can practice “pronouning” the name of exotic streets and neighborhoods you might never see.

So, once you know where you’ve not been, and in no hurry to get there,

Lie down and unwind.

The seats are big, BIG enough for YOU to relax and reconnect with a loved one.

Enjoy!!

 People of Interest View barcalunacy's A Candid View of Everyday People FLCKR photoset.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

4 comments:

  1. Hola Luna!!
    Nice name! Sorry that this isn't more of a commentary. I looked for contact info on the blog but couldn't find it! I'm writing to you from the lowly offices of BCN Week. I hope you know who we are but if you don't, echar un vistazo a bcnweek.com. I am compiling a list of the best blogs and pages that pertain to Barcelona and Spain and would like to suggest a cross link with you and your blog. Would you be interested in such a thing? Also, you could check out our guiri community site at land-of-guiris.com cause that is fun too....If any of this interests you, write to me at joe@bcnweek.com and keep on trucking with your clickass blog.
    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe,

    I've written you a private email and I hope you get it.

    I am flattered and overwhelmed at your interest and I look forward to hearing from you.

    Luna

    ReplyDelete
  3. misomanic,

    Your 2 word comment made me smile and your name intrigued me.

    So, I looked up your blog and I thought you were terrifically funny.

    I hope you continue jotting down your notes and posting.

    You have talent and it would certainly be such a shame for me not to read more of your insights and thoughts.

    Regards,
    Luna

    ReplyDelete