Testimonials

Thursday, June 21, 2007

The Big Sleep

Ever watch, marvel and envy infants, children, and adult babies who sleep in spite of the uproar of barking dogs, emergency vehicles and tornado sirens?

I am one of them.

Not to mention sitting on a step of a very busy corner near the St. Jaume train station, where pesky tourists, busy locals and where well-meaning, kind-hearted, and endearing photographers, like me, pass by, second by second.

Around this corner of the city, I have seen, each and every time, a man always, ALWAYS scrunched in an enticing and inviting squatting position. But, alas, he seems to be well aware of me even before I have turned the corner, and with luck I have not been able to capture him.


CLICK ON PICTURE FOR BETTER VIEW

But this day, next to him, sat a girl. At first, I thought she was terribly near-sighted and might be having difficulty writing, as there was a pen in her hand and paper on her lap.

But, as I got closer, I noticed her eyes closed and a wonderful, purring sound of a 12 wheeler semi-truck emanating from her.

Her tiny body had the appearance of a contemporary dancer just finishing an exhausting performance.

As I write this post, I wonder if she ever started let alone finish her task.

At the very most, she looked rested and

Now, I rest this post.

Enjoy!!

 People of Interest View barcalunacy's A Candid View of Everyday People FLCKR photoset.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

4 comments:

  1. O what a marvellous image

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gerald,

    Thanks for commenting and appreciating the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if she is really sleeping. At least I often see people "sleeping" in the train/subway. They seem to be fast asleep. But when their stop comes they are suddenly wide awake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indie,

    Glad to hear from you and sorry for the late commenting.

    Yes, the girl might have been "power sleeping" as it's called in the United States.

    But, like I said, not only was her form to me intriguing, but that slow, purring sound coming from her made it more interesting.

    This was one of those times I wish I had my video.

    Anyway, I hope all is well with you and your family.

    Enjoy the warm weather!

    Regards,
    Luna

    ReplyDelete