Testimonials

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The CARRITO!

Living in Barcelona, I am so close to the modern supermarkets, the old market and small, specialty stores that to have an auto just wouldn’t make sense.

But have you ever gone shopping for one item and inevitably find yourself with a boatload of groceries?

If you don’t have an extra pair of hands, what do you do?

You get yourself a CARRITO, better translated as a shopping cart, and something I wanted to avoid buying for the longest time.

Barcelona, 2008

Why? Now this is dumb thinking, but who said I was smart. I always associated the carrito or the shopping cart with old people who were too weak to carry their groceries.

And so for the longest time, I hand carried big bottles of water, coca cola, oil, and blah, blah, blah, dropping the groceries one by one until I got to the piso.

Along the way, I would pass at the SILLY old timers with their carrito, coolly walking with not a trail of corn flakes behind them.

And so, SILLY me now has a green carrito, just like the one you see.

No comments:

Post a Comment