Testimonials

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Restaurante Can Culleretes

The Guinness Book of Records says that the Can Culleretes is the oldest restaurant in Barcelona and the second oldest in Spain.

The oldest eatery being Botin in Madrid which was founded in 1725.

The Can Culleretes was established in 1786, just a mere 10 years after the American Revolutionary War.

Imagine that!

Restaurante Can Culleretes
Barcelona, 2008

This was the first place I dined when I came to Barcelona and the first time I tasted espinacas a la catalana.

What a wonderful blend of flavors. I never thought spinach could taste so GREAT!

Try their prawns with garlic flavor. You won't be disappointed.

Hmmph! I can't end this post without telling you about a desert to die for. It was trufa with wonderful chocolate melted over it. Even now I can taste it.

But there's a downside too. The restaurant hits and misses on their cooking from time to time. If you find this to be true, go back. Maybe someone had a bad night.

Also, the price is a little hefty for my taste to make the Culleretes my favorite hot spot on a consistent basis.

Here's a direct link to their own site translated into English, Catala and Castellano.

If you go there, let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:55 PM

    HOLA, ESTEM MOLT CONTENS DE RETROBARTE.HEM VISITAT EL TEU BLOG DURANT AQUEST MESOS,SEMPRE ESPERANT LES TEVES "FOTOS",I PER FI AQUI ESTAS. UNA ABRACADA. JUGANT AMB BARC......

    ReplyDelete