Testimonials

Friday, June 13, 2008

Static Artist

When I was a little girl, I met a man for a brief evening who taught me the basics of cartoon drawing.

For many weeks thereafter, I drew Porky Pig and mastered him to perfection.

But alas, canvas, paper and charcoal pencils were too expensive for my parents and I abandoned my short term passion of drawing towards academics.

Now, I am even lucky if I can tell a hue from a tone or a tint from shade.

But, it is never very late to take up the skills you left behind as seen by this young man in the photo.

La Sedeta
Barcelona, 2008

I found him and about a dozen other mature folks of about 80 and younger enjoying a beautiful, sunny, serene day painting, under the tutelage of an instructor, in the courtyard of La Sedeta, a government run program for people of all ages doing all sorts of fun things.

So, I guess, if you are trying to figure out what to do when you grow up, maybe look into what made you happy when you were in kindergarten and somehow resurrect the inner child that is within of all of us.

Hmmm … I should take my own advice...

Someday.




 A Candid View of Everyday People View barcalunacy's A Candid View of Everyday People FLCKR photoset.

No comments:

Post a Comment