Testimonials

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Santiago de Chile

For those of you who don’t know me, I’ll let you in on a little secret.

I’m enchanted, fascinated, awe-struck and nosy when it comes to people in the public eye. Is it just me or are you like that too?

Santiago de Chile

Santiago de Chile, 2006

While living in the United States I was probably the very FIRST subscriber of “People Magazine” when the first issue came out. (I might be dating myself here.)

Remember when the Enquirer Magazine was a newspaper that you didn’t tell anyone you read much less bought?

But, I, I stood proudly in the supermarket line with my Enquirer face-up, looking defensively at those around me, as the paper glided on the conveyor belt toward the cashier. (For those who are not familiar with the Enquirer or People Magazine, they are “gossip or rag” magazines of and about anyone famous, like Star Magazine in Europe.)

So you can imagine how I felt when I saw this fellow. He appeared invincible, manly, and sexy. Maybe you can’t imagine so I will tell you that I stopped dead in my tracks. Literally!

He was dark and handsome, just like the famous Sean Connery of the movies. I hope I don’t have to tell you movies are “real life”. No?

Folks, I’d like you to meet Santiago of Chile and what a wonderful, kind character he was and just a little bit leery of my companion and me. (Hmm .. I can’t figure out why).

One interesting tidbit he told us. He was living in Barcelona with a British woman. He could not speak English and she could not speak Castellano.

Interesting, I thought … maybe that’s the secret to lasting relationships.

You learn a lot walking the streets.

 People of Interest View Santiago and others in barcalunacy's People of Interest FLCKR photoset.


No comments:

Post a Comment