Testimonials

Friday, June 12, 2009

Innocent Sultriness Redux

I belong to two (2) photo storage sites, one flickr and the other ipernity and for the past 6 months, I've been spending a lot of time on ipernity.

A recent ipernity contact, named pappion, whose photos I like very much, for their color, composition and interest suggested that I redo this photo.

Pappion said:

Personally I very much like the composition and lighting. If the photo were mine though here's what I would change ..... I would desaturate the reds a bit ( many of your pics have very saturated reds for my tastes) I would also go in and clone out whatever the little gold/silver spot is between her lips.

While I can appreciate ... To read the rest of his comment, click here.

So, I've redone the photo and I think it looks much better.

What do you think?

Innocent Sultriness Redux


Innocent Sultriness Redux, 2009

I cloned out the bright spot on her left side, took out what looked like bubbles between her lips (only g-d knows), used curves and levels removing the reds and making her more bright.

Pappion was right about the red tones in my earlier photos as you can see here.


Innocent sultriness

Innocent Sultriness, 2006

My camera then was a konica minolta Z2, known for overly exaggerated red tones. In those days, I did not have photo imaging software.

For those of you who wish to read the original post about her, click here.

She still generates interest and I am pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment