Testimonials

Sunday, September 07, 2008

carrer Verdi

It's been many-a-days since I last posted.

I've been delayed because there are so many pictures and I wanted to do justice to each of the contestants at la festa de Gràcia, 2008 and the people who were kind enough to let me photograph them.

So, today, I begin with the people on Carre Verdi.

We met Esther, studiously, methodically and carefully mixing the paint on her palette to capture the right mood and intensity of the street.

carrer Verdi

Esther
Barcelona, 2008

Esther didn’t realize that she became part of the picture for there was a BIG BLACK SPOT on her teeny, tiny upturned nose.

Carrer Verdi

Esther's Palette
Barcelona, 2008

Further down, behind the beverage counter was Julio Soto from Cuba, in Barcelona for about 3 years. He had a bright face y una sonrisa que me encanta. (A smile that enchanted me) and I couldn’t resist taking his photo.

carrer Verdi

Julio Soto
Barcelona, 2008

He couldn’t resist my effervescent, bubbly and sparkling personality and charm, either. (Wow!! I sound like a cool beverage of lemonade on a hot, humid day!).

I think he was surprised that anyone would want to photograph him because carrer Verdi itself was clearly the star, festooned in array of flamboyant colors that would make a lover of Las Vegas happy to be here.

Anyway, carrer Verdi’s theme was on Mexico. When you look at the flickr photo stream, you will see what a great job they did.

Carrer Verdi received 3rd place of honor out of the 15 of those who participated.

We congratulate carrer Verdi and I thank Julio Soto and Esther for indulging me.




 la festa Gràcia, 2008View barcalunacy's la festa Gràcia, 2008 FLCKR photoset.

No comments:

Post a Comment