Testimonials

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Shanty Dass

His name is Shanty Dass meaning “servant of peace”.

He has followed his dreams for 40 years, traveling the world, learning many languages and even meeting with the Dali Lama.

Shanty Dass

Shanty Dass
Barcelona, 2008

How many of us can say that?!

His life has been filled with some ups and downs -- and lots of peace and tranquility.

How many of us can say that?!

Shanty Dass

Shanty Dass
Barcelona, 2008

The next time you enter la plaça de Pi, be sure to look around for a mild-mannered looking man with smiling eyes.

You won't be disappointed.

 People of Interest View Shanty Dass and others in barcalunacy's People of Interest FLCKR photoset.

3 comments:

  1. Great portrait! I like the way you approach to people and get to know the person. There is certain complicity between them and your camera. I wish I could do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carlos,

    Thank you for your comment on the photo.

    I am flattered.

    There are times I want to get to know a person I find interesting and so, I swallow my fear.

    I figure the worst they can say is "NO"!

    I suppose I give parenthood credit for my thick skin.

    A side benefit, I suppose.

    Eh?

    ReplyDelete