Testimonials

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Hasta Mañana

Sundays in Barcelona are peaceful with families strolling along the sidewalk, activities in the plaças and on rare occasions and I do mean RARE you see somebody actually working.

So it happened as I crossed the street, I saw this man stooping, wiping, and painting the steel persiana with the orangest gloves you ever so and a most serious look.

Barcelona, 2008

I began taking pictures and explained that his motions and silhouette were more to my interest and not his face.

As he relaxed (in that way I have of making people feel good), I complimented him on a job well done. He explained that he promised the proprietor 8 years ago to do this job and the day finally came when his chips were called in.

She had nagged he said (but I think he really meant a gentle nudge) to do the job and under what circumstances he agreed now to do it, I will never know.

She, the proprietor, was his wife and we all know that wives are these patient, good-natured and understanding genders.

NO?
 A Candid View of Everyday People View barcalunacy's A Candid View of Everyday People FLCKR photoset

No comments:

Post a Comment