Testimonials

Monday, September 01, 2008

plaça Rius y Taulet

Many years ago, what seems like a googolplex amount of time passing, the Smurf’s were a popular television show, as American Idol and Dancing with the Stars are today.

Come one Halloween year, I convinced one of my sons to be Papa Smurf. I didn’t sew then and I don’t now but I thought my brilliant, outlandish idea would be fun, using old clothing and what not.

plaça Rius y Taulet

plaça Rius y Taulet, 2008

Oh, yes! The best part of my imagination was working and coming to reality. You, who have no stitching skills, would appreciate this. I made the hat out of felt material, and I got ballerina shoes, improvising them to look like Papa Smurf’s shoes.

Now wait!

I, his mother, in my creative wisdom, used Elmer’s glue (yes, you read it correctly) to paste about 20 cotton balls, on his cute little face. (Yes, I am biased.)

My son was Papa Smurf and I was swollen with pride and his face was just swollen.

plaça Rius y Taulet

plaça Rius y Taulet, 2008

Oh, how he would have been at home at plaça Rius y Taulet.

Plaça Rius y Taulet received 7th place honorable mention out of 15 who participated in la festa, Gràcia! 2008.

Congratulations to you!

 la festa Gràcia, 2008View barcalunacy's la festa Gràcia, 2008 FLCKR photoset.

No comments:

Post a Comment