Testimonials

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Robert Kalman

A fun sidebar to my photo activities is the people I meet and have met.

It is not unusual to find others like me taking photos of YOU!

And so it happened one day I saw the legs of this very VERY tall man whose upper torso was hidden underneath an impressive Zorro like cape taking photies.

Robert Kalman

Robert Kalman
plaça Rius y Taulet, 2008

I pretty much can tell the pesky tourists from the locals taking pictures and this guy I didn’t know.

He peeked me TOTALLY!

My partner was curious but to chicken or cowardly to ask who he was.

Yes! It’s true, Robert, if you read this post.

So, in my classy, confident and assured way, I mustered up the courage to introduce ourselves to him and his smiling, warm companion.

He was Robert Kalman and she, Linda Kalman of NEW YORK, which happens, coincidentally, to be my birthplace a googolplex of years ago.

We exchanged pleasantries and that was nice.

But! Alas! The tables were turned.

He wanted our photograph! Can you imagine that?!

We obliged in that way many natives of Catalunya had with us.

He showed us his wonderful book of portrait’s taken in New York.

I don’t know if we will ever appear in Robert’s book, for you see, Robert’s hobby is photography taken with a view finder and where I unfortunately don’t remember at all the manufacturer’s name.

And,

A heavy, serious not for the foolish or unwise, wooden tripod.

But! I provide you with a link to his web page. Just copy and paste:
http://www.robertkalmanweb.com/index.html

Robert’s been around and YOU might see your photo. Let him know what you think. I recognize with delight some of his retratos of Barcelona’s favorite. You might too!

P. S. Robert and Linda … thank you for your short time with us.

Maybe someday, maybe again.

 People of Interest View Robert Kalman and others in barcalunacy's People of Interest FLCKR photoset.

4 comments:

  1. Did you meet Robert Kalman?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great snap. I loved it. Thanks for following. Pity I can show follower gadget cause I don't have new blogger layouts implemented. But I am flattered. I like the design of the blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carlos,

    Glad you like the photo and the design of my blog.

    It is still a work in progress.

    Yes, I am following you on Google reader.

    So much easier for me to use and I can keep up with the blogs I follow.

    ReplyDelete