Testimonials

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Metro Gig

We were descending the stairs of the metro, when we heard this strange but beguiling music.

As I got to the last stair, the young man moved his body to the music without skipping a beat on a most unusual and unfamiliar instrument I’ve ever seen.

Metro Gig

Barcelona, 2008

Even if he did skip a beat, I wouldn’t have known better but the music did sound enticing.

I had my wide angle lens, and I so wanted to get a shot with fantastic distortion.

For those who have used this type of lens you have to almost get within inches of your subject, invading their space, becoming familiar with one another that you almost feel like you should put them on your Christmas list

And,

Sometimes causing them to wonder why the heck they let you even take a photo.

But, the wide-angle is lots of fun. In the next few week I will post more photos and show you what I mean.

By the way, if anyone knows what the name of the stringed instrument is, please let me know.

2 comments:

  1. Buen retrato social, me gusta el resultado que te ha dado el uso de un angular, curioso instrumento el que toca el chico, buen trabajo.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. marc

    Thank you for your comment and that you liked the results of the wide-angle lens like I did.

    ReplyDelete