Testimonials

Monday, September 29, 2008

A Circle of Reason

I haven’t posted construction photos much, if at all, and they are my favorite pictures to shoot.

Memo: I will have to show you more in the future.

Anyway, barreling down Gran de Gràcia, in my usual lithe way, I saw these wonderful circular holes being drilled through a grandiose slab of white marble.

DSC_6029_3

Gran de Gràcia
Barcelona, 2008

Cutting through marble, (a sacrilegious deed as throwing away Hershey Kisses Candy, gosh forbid) pains me immensely and I wondered why these workers were doing such a deed.

As I was taking pictures, un viejo antiquo, (an old man) turned to me and began talking.

He was very disgusted about the work he saw and explained to me in his animated way that these holes would never have been put there during Franco’s regime.

I got caught with my pants down. I didn’t expect simple picture taking to take on a political note.

I have enough trials and tribulations trying to make heads or tails on the American political system, the Bank Bailout, and Sarah Palin.

For me, I saw these holes as just holes placed in store fronts to protect them from stray cars veering into them.

Oh well … he had his idea and I had mine.

 A Candid View of Everyday People View barcalunacy's A Candid View of Everyday People FLCKR photoset.

No comments:

Post a Comment