Testimonials

Thursday, January 25, 2007

And life goes on

The moment I took this photo I knew luck was on my side.

I was taking photos of young skateboarders at the plaça de Rius y Taulet in the summer of 2006. Once they realized I was photographing them the more they became unsuccessfully acrobatic.

But, my Minolta was totally uncooperative. (Or maybe it was the photographer overly-over ADJUSTING).

Then, in my viewer, above the skateboarders, I saw dilapidated, dull, green French doors slowly opening

And then,


plaça de Rius y Taulet
Barcelona, 2006

A young, curvy, sultry girl appeared, as if Juliet looking for her Romeo.

But I saw more.

Did Juliet know what I knew then and now?

The distance separating these two women was not measured in feet but in years.

Our “Juliet” has no idea what life has before her. For now, her memories are few, and thoughts of her future maybe be frustrating, uncertain and scary.


plaça de Rius y Taulet
Barcelona, 2006

But the older woman below may have a sack of memories to draw from, unending dreams to keep dreaming and remembrances of sweet experiences, real or imagined.

And life goes on.
 A Candid View of Everyday People View barcalunacy's A Candid View of Everyday People FLCKR photoset.

No comments:

Post a Comment