Testimonials

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Streety graffiti

Have you ever dreamt of hitting a high note like Mariah Carey, writing great works like Franz Kafka, composing sonnets that endure a lifetime as Shakespeare has written, or sculpting like Michelangelo? I know I can go on and on but why bother. I have those dreams and maybe you do too.

But simply said, I would just like to draw a straight line without a ruler. Oh, how I marvel and sometimes envy the painter who sees colors, and dimensions that simply escape me.

Yes, I even envy the unheralded graffiti artist who I never get to see but of whom I am a big fan. I think the street artist ought to be hired by governments as they better operate covertly than the professionals used now. An interesting idea, no?


Barcelona, 2006

Now, by all means, I am not condoning this type of art (for in some places it is ILLEGAL and I abide by the laws as you do) but some graffiti artists do express in brilliant and dazzling colors the plight of a neighborhood or even the world situation, inspiring thought and provoking action.

The photo I took does not convey any message of deep thought but certainly did make me smile. I was charmed by how an ordinary fountain was transformed enough to catch my camera’s eye.

Good thing I thought once and shot this picture because two days later the wall was painted an ordinary, unexciting, blah color.

Enjoy!


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

No comments:

Post a Comment