Testimonials

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Befuddled huddle

When I lived in the states, my favorite Sunday pastime was football (not the football called soccer in Europe).

I especially liked the moment the players huddled, supposedly strategizing against the enemy. Actually, they were talking about their next social event.

But, for women everywhere, it was REALLY a tush check-out.

However, I digress, for the main reason for this post is to talk about the “huddle” itself.

A huddle (that is for me, a group of 3 or more) raises my curiosity. Do you get curious, too?

So what a surprise it was for me to see this young boy, surrounded closely by 3 pretty, young girls. Probably any guys dream, eh?


marcat de Llibertat
Barcelona, 2006

I was befuddled by the huddle of them sitting there and was afraid to miss the shot for I liked the composition and the mysterious quality of the scene.

So, I clicked twice.

And

We strolled further into the market, when out of no where we were surrounded by our “new” youthful, friends, yelling and shouting at us saying that we had no right to take their photos.

A vendor passing by whom we knew explained to the teen-agers that they were in a public place. We offered to call the police to help with what they said was a problem but they refused, wanting us only to delete the photos from our chips.

After about 20 minutes immersed in this chaotic scene, we left hearing them talk amongst themselves.

What was the ruckus all about? I will never know. I’ve blown up the picture as much as I can. I think that the young man was having his brow pierced, for I see string and hands around his brow.

Anyway, I look forward to real huddles for barçalunacy will be in CHICAGO for the Super Bowl.

DA Bears!!

P.S. Before and after this incident, I have not experienced any turmoil.

 A Candid View of Everyday People View barcalunacy's A Candid View of Everyday People FLCKR photoset.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

No comments:

Post a Comment