Testimonials

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

At his post

It was a clear Barcelona day in sunny Spain, when I came upon a man sitting on a post that was not all too comfortable.

Now, sitting on a post in itself is not extraordinary except for the fact that I noticed he had sat and sat for about a half-hour without looking up, all the while making small circular motions with his fingers on the left side of his scalp above his eye.



If it wasn’t for this action, since he made no other, I would have certainly called an ambulance.

How long had he been sitting on the post before I came? I will never know. But he reminded me of someone or something.

A few yards from him, at the Monumento de Colón, I heard the sound of laughter and went to see. There were tourists climbing on the lion statues waiting for us to take their pictures. And for an hour or so, we took photos of people taking photos.

From the corner of my eye, my man on the post was still there. And suddenly I realized why he intrigued me. I had before me my very own Rodin statue.


Creative Commons License

 People of Interest View barcalunacy's A Candid View of Everyday People FLCKR photoset.


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

No comments:

Post a Comment