Testimonials

Monday, April 09, 2007

Busy fella shoots fast hello

Buses and trains are a great way to learn about any city and Barcelona’s transportation system is nothing other than excellent and reasonably priced.

We have seen many parts of Barcelona via bus or train just on a whim.

This particular day we took Bus 92 which originates in la plaça de Gal.la Placidia and ends at Bogatell Beach.

It is about a little over an hour bus ride and the route it follows is better than any tourist bus. Of course, that is my personal opinion.

We decided to take pictures and for the first time we applied a theme to the photos as “pictures taken from the bus”.

Clever. Eh?

Along, the way, as the bus stopped there was a laborer sifting cement. Dust arose as he stirred the concrete and the brilliant sun shone made for quite a stunning picture, if I had the right camera.


Hello to you!
Barcelona, 2006

My Minolta is a slow camera. I shot 2 photos but kept missing my opportunity. You see, I wanted to capture the scene that first caught my attention.

He continued stirring the cement and I waited for as long as the bus would allow. When we began to move, he looked up.

He waved.

GOT him!

But … he waved first, I thought.

Hmm … looks like I was “GOT” first.

Enjoy!

A Candid View of Everyday People View Barcaluncy's "A Candid View of Everyday People" FLCKR photoset.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.