Testimonials

Friday, April 06, 2007

Is anybody listening?

As I mentioned in my post Un café con sombras a lado, I find la plaça de la Virreina to be a very, special place.

I remember the day I took this photo. There she was playing mostly alone and every now and then with a dog.

Quite a few times, she stopped what whatever she was doing and looked at what I thought was the sky.

But, as moments passed by, I realized that it was the statue on the top of a water fountain that was maintaining her interest and she my curiosity.

Hmmm. How fantastic it would be if she did anything special and what would that special thing be?

So, I got my camera ready and for those of you who have been following my blog, I was doing what I do best, adjusting and re-adjusting my camera.

All the while I had this child on my mind, watching her and hoping that she wouldn’t see me.

plaça de la Virreina
Barcelona, 2006

So, I walked around the plaça, took a few shots here and there. She suddenly stopped playing, walked towards the statue and to my amazement and wonderment she prayed.

I hope that day someone was listening ‘cause I was certainly watching.

She is one of the reasons why I love la plaça de la Virreina so very much.

Enjoy!

A Candid View of Everyday People View Barcaluncy's "A Candid View of Everyday People" FLCKR photoset.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

No comments:

Post a Comment