Testimonials

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Un café con sombras a lado

In the last week and half, I posted A Street that looks like and is Magic and The Magic Lingers. I wrote of a street named carrer de Torrijos.

Walk with me up carrer de Torrijos where I show you la plaça de la Virreina, a BIG FAV of mine and

Where I get my usual American coffee with milk.

But, for you, I order café con sombras a lado, a special coffee with shadows on the side, a title inspired by my very, own photo.


plaça de la Virreina
Barcelona, 2006

What makes this plaça so wonderful? The people. It’s a place of quirky characters with a tremendous amount of human and non-human activity.

Do you notice something missing in the picture?

Look hard.

It is YOU!

You might see some empty chairs right now but there are many days where it’s almost impossible to find a seat.

So, mark your table, rest, enjoy the light, the sun and its shadows.

It’s an area well worth exploring.

Hasta luego!

A Candid View of Everyday People View Barcaluncy's "A Candid View of Everyday People" FLCKR photoset.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

1 comment:

  1. parece una calle de un barrio de buenos aires...
    sabias que Barcelona y Buenos Aires son como hermanas, hijas de una misma familia, tal el parecido que tienen.

    ReplyDelete