Testimonials

Saturday, April 14, 2007

A Stiff Solution to a Rubbery Idea

In my post, A Rubbery Idea, I mentioned my love and want of the rubber plant.

A member of FLICKR, digitalramble, made this remark to about my photo:

This brought a smile to my face...

When I was growing up we had a rubber tree in our backyard and we hated it!

It looked gorgeous, but it always would drip this milky sticky sap if it got cut anywhere, so it made a mess!

I think much better to enjoy a rubber tree like this...in someone else's backyard

Love the picture...You really evoke a sense of Barcelona in your pictures, and it brings back so many nice memories. I'll return there someday!

Digitalramble’s comment provided me a stiff solution to my rubbery idea.



Along la avenida Icaria are the Pérgolas de la Avenida Icaria, designed by architects Carme Pinós and Enric Miralles for the 1992 Olympics in Barcelona.

These trees are sculptured from wood and metal, thereby, eliminating the “sticky sap” mentioned by digital.



What a novel idea and a great excuse for me to upload these photos.

Don’t you think?

Along la avenida Icaria are the Pérgolas de la Avenida Icaria, designed by architects Carme Pinós and Enric Miralles for the 1992 Olympics in Barcelona.

These trees are sculptured from wood and metal, thereby, eliminating the “sticky sap” mentioned by digital in the photo marked " A Slipper Idea".

For your information, the Yelmo Icaria, a movie theater is located on this street. It’s great feature is that you can see selected movies in English.

Oh! And by the way, to view my FLICKR contact’s photos, just click on her highlighted name, digitalramble.

Enjoy!!


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:15 AM

    [... ] is another nice source of tips on this subject[...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. anon,

    Thanks for stopping by and writing such a nice comment.

    To bad you didn't leave your name.

    I would have been happy to see if you blogged.

    Stop by again.

    ReplyDelete