Testimonials

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Is this my best?

Mangled hair.

A torn shirt.

Shoeless feet.

Drew my attention to a forlorn young man sitting quietly with a look of contemplation and loneliness.

I wanted so much to take a photo of his face but I just couldn’t.


plaça de Catalunya
Barcelona, 2006

His body language with slumped shoulders and head bowed were enough for me to keep my distance but the human spirit or in his case an apparent lack of it could not stop me from capturing this moment … his moment became my moment.

What was he thinking, how did he get here and where was he going?

I wondered if he even knew.

A Candid View of Everyday People View Barcaluncy's "A Candid View of Everyday People" FLCKR photoset.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

No comments:

Post a Comment