Testimonials

Friday, April 20, 2007

Me? No!

As I’ve mentioned before, a great way to see any city is by public transportation and the bus system in Barcelona is fabuloso.

El autobus 92 is my very favorite so far because the route it takes is quite scenic. Better than any tourist bus and cheaper too. Parque Quell is one of its many, MANY stops.

Well, to make a SHORT story LONG, I was sitting at the back of the bus, next to a window seat and a clean window at that, when my bus stopped for a red light.

I was taking photos, in that pitchy potchy way, when to my right another bus pulled up and through my camera viewer I saw a lady smiling and waving like a mad woman.

I smiled back and she laughed and laughed.


Lady on the bus
Barcelona, 2007

She was not upset that her photo was being taken and I was ecstatic.

How I thought if the world could be carefree and gay like her.

She began pointing and I pointed at myself to her and she nodded her head in that way that if spoken said NO.

It was the passenger in front of me that she was signaling.

Oh. Wow. Embarrassed? Me?

You betcha.

I was STUCK with embarrassment.

When you’re on a bus there’s no way of getting out of a predicament easy or fast enough when you’ve made a fool of yourself.

I hope you

Enjoyed!!

P.S. The quality of the photo is not up to my standards but the story I thought worthwhile telling. .”

 People of Interest View barcalunacy's A Candid View of Everyday People FLCKR photoset.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.